Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 2 - Day 1

I was going to start the week off easy.

After some thinking, I decided to tackle a route that I used to be afraid of because of the up slope. The distance was not too long, it's just that the up-hill running is endless and it is very steep as well.

I ran about 7.5km today. Great run. The up-hill was indeed vicious. I was almost going to stop and start walking a couple of times. Glad I didn't. :D

At the end of the up-slope. Truly vicious.
T-junction. 1.5km more to go!
I read an article by sockdoc today that muscle stretching is bad for you. Whilst it lengthens the muscles that it stretches, it also weakens it. The important thing during running, is just to make sure the body is relaxed enough (yes you are not supposed to be all tensed up when you run - it's a great way to get injured), and the make sure your running form/gait is balanced, ie not tilting to one side or asymmetrical. The author seemed to have a very convincing argument for it. Wow. Another drastic modern-day error that is ingrained in most athletes. :(

Well if it's true that muscle stretching is bad for you, then great! I can skip stretching now, which to be completely honest, it's not something I enjoy doing. Yo ho! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment