Monday, August 15, 2011

Week 3 summary


Week 3 did not go very well for me. I went for an early morning run on Wednesday. After the run, I felt an intense pain in my right vastus lateralis muscle, which then pulled on my ITB, resulting in outer knee pain (ITB frictional syndrome). Ah.. I should have known that I have not fully recovered from the climb in Mt Barney yet. Besides, on Tuesday I did a 10km run, which further strained my right vastus lateralis. The run on Wednesday must have been the last straw for the poor muscles.

Anyway, after resting for two days, it gradually got better. I was able to do a light run on Saturday and Sunday with minimal pain. Here is the summary of the week.

Tuesday - 10 km (49 mins)
Wednesday - 6.2m (30 mins)
Saturday - 6.2km (31 mins)
Sunday - 6.2km (30 mins)

Total - 28.6km (140 mins)
Average speed - 4.90 min/km or 7.78 min/mile

No comments:

Post a Comment