Sunday, July 31, 2011

We are a go!





Yesterday I just chanced upon the Northface 100 Singapore website and saw that the participants' list is out. Eager to see if J Boy's and my name are in, I strolled down the mouse till I saw this..



That same night, before I had the chance to tell J boy, I saw a skype message that he left with me to tell me that our names are up, and that he's very excited too. Telepathy! :D

So that means, we are a go then!

I (or we) chose to use the name - Infinity Milers as our team name because I still identify myself very strongly with the running and mountain-climbing club. It's where both J boy and I truly became brothers and had the opportunity to run and climb together. We raced the Ulu-Langat Eco-Race under the same name (where we got 4th), and some relay triathlon events as well - A Farmosa and Port Dickson (where we got 1st and no-knows-what-position respectively). Our desires then, had always been to make our school proud, and it shall be no different this time. It really does give the extra emotional and psychological push when we know we are running with and for Infinity Milers.

Meanwhile, I just hope our training will continue to pick up. I had a great start last week, considering that I had not been able to run properly for months. This week shall be a new challenge again. J boy is sitting for his final exams as a medical student so he will start training after that. I hope he does well in his exams. So be it studying or running, we have to give our best.

To infinity and beyond. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment