Saturday, July 9, 2011

Running at the beach

I woke up at 6.30am today. Feeling quite heavy about the Bersih rally that is going to be held this afternoon in Dataran Merdeka. The last i heard, the police have started setting up road blocks and barricades across Stadium Merdeka to prevent people from having a peaceful protest for a clean and fair election. I opened my bible to the book of Daniel.

Bersih 2.0 Rally.

Crowds being chased by police. See, this is where you wish you can run fast and hard. :p

Daniel was a key politician during his time, and he had served two kingdoms in his lifetime - the Babylonian kingdom and the Persian kingdom. In both kingdoms, he excelled greatly as God's favour rests upon him. From the interpretation of dreams to the defiance of the king's order, he displayed a spirit that is counter-culture at that time. Yet this is not a case of person who is only good in spiritual things but falters in his public and political affairs. The bible said he was a great man for his work.

'Then this Daniel became distinguished above all the other presidents and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him'. Daniel 6:3

Oh how much do we need politician like Daniel, someone who understands and can interpret the times, and someone whose wisdom, power and principles come from God Himself.

I spent some time praying for our country. After that, i slipped into my running gear and headed to Coolum Beach on my scooter. It was cold riding early in the morning, and my hands and feet were freezing!

The beach is beautiful. It's flat sand as far as the eyes could see. At that hour, there were already quite a number of people in the beach, most of them are old people walking their dogs and some occasional joggers. I started running slowly along the shore, making my strides as light and as easy as possible. The sun was glaring, reminding me of the Glory of God. I did not feel much pain on both my knees then, other than this nagging pain in my right Achilles tendon (which i strained it when i was skipping rope the night before). I ran about 5km before i made a U-turn to where i started. About 3km on my way back, I started feeling quite severe pain on my right knee and right Achilles tendon. I had to stop. I ran about 8km today. Quite a good effort i think, considering the fact that i am still injured.

I wish i can run longer, but i would not push it for now. Just got to be thankful that i can run at all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment