Monday, April 30, 2012

Injury after-thoughts


Yesterday i did my long run of the week. Was planning to do 35km initially. Half way into the run, I could feel some naggy feelings in both my knees and my achilles tendon. They became worse the longer i ran. In the end I stopped at 29km mark and walked home. There were no warning signs prior to this run; the injuries suddenly came. Bang!

I think i have had my fair share of injuries this month.  This is yet the worse I have had. Both my knees and left achilles are injured.

Feeling downcast, I called my gf, who graciously encouraged me not to give up, and to remind me to pamper my legs sometimes by giving them a break.

Looks like the Lord deemed it fit to give me a break from training, which i shall thankfully and heartily accept, and devote this time to reading of His Word and prayer. He is my coach. He knows what's best for me. Even if this means i need to take a long time off and can't run the races which i intended to this year, I have to trust my heavenly Father's heart in letting me go through all of these. Perhaps, He has better plan in store.

When the Lord closes one door, He always opens another window.

After dinner last night, I watched the movie - the sound of music on TV. It's an awesome movie, which came at a right time when i was feeling down! It's about an Austrian nun (Maria) whose heart is devoted to following God's Will and who loves singing and dancing with the hills, mountains and flowers. She was asked to leave the Cathedral for a while to take care of seven children of a widowed father, who was a strict, uptight, chauvinistic navy officer. She introduced music, vibrancy, and love into a cold, gloomy and overly-disciplined family. Eventually God used her gifts and her willingness to rescue the entire family from the hands of the Nazis. The movie was 3.5 hours long, but man, i certainly did not feel it. Lots of beautiful songs, quotes and inspirational moments in the movie.





Maria teaching the children to sing in the gorgeous backdrop of Austrian mountains


Maria with the seven children
Maria singing in the mountains
Captain von Trapp singing Edelweiss to his family

Edelweiss - a flower that is found in the Austrian alps




Edelweiss


Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss,Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment