Friday, April 6, 2012

Grey Easter

The sad fact about living overseas is, you are alone most of the times.

This is third year in a row where I am spending Easter by myself. In the past, there were always events, evangelistic meetings, gathering, prayer sessions, where there were meaning and joy to everything that we did. During my days in Singapore, the youths and i would be coming up with ideas to share the meaning of Easter with the BB boys and the church. When i was in Malaysia, the CF committee and I would be busy planning activities and evangelistic program for the non-Christians in school. There were late night discussions, brain-storming sessions, laughter, anxiety over how things would turn out, occasional argument, but always we would stick together through thick and thin to allow God to work through us to bring His message to the people He willed.

But now, in Australia, I am sitting alone in my room after having completed a night shift in the hospital, feeling both tired and hollowed. I am starting to think, what does Easter mean to me? Is Easter any less meaningful now that i am no longer involved in Christian activities?

I hope to be able to think through this question seriously in these few days. Lord, please grant me clarity of mind and spirit to grapple with some difficult issues in my life.  Because, if anything, i don't want to just live for another day, void of Your presence and finger-print in my life.

Batam mission trip with EEC youths in 2005
Singing with the children in Batam
Batam kids

Group singing session with Batam kids

S
Cambodia mission trip 2007
Cambodian kids
Easter preparation 2008
IMU Easter 2008

Easter 2012


I will run to You

Your eye is on the sparrow
And Your hand, it comforts me
From the ends of the Earth to the depth of my heart
Let Your mercy and strength be seen

You call me to Your purpose
As angels understand
For Your glory, may You draw all men
As Your love and grace demand

And I will run to You
To Your words of truth
Not by might, not by power
But by the spirit of God
Yes I will run the race
'Till I see Your face
Oh let me live in the glory of Your grace 

1 comment: