Thursday, December 1, 2011

House-hunting

I will be working in Caboolture Hospital next year as intern.

This may sound cheesy but my working in caboolture is by no accident. First of all, it's not even a place that i intended to apply to because of its competitiveness. For international students like us, the only possible places we stand a chance of getting are Rockhampton and Mackay, or maybe Townsville. One night when i was lying on my bed, it suddenly occurred to me to try Caboolture. It's like a voice speaking inside of me. I reasoned that i should not waste my time. But the voice was persistent in telling me that it's possible, if i try hard enough and believe.  Being half-skeptical and half hopeful, I decided to make a trip to Caboolture hospital to meet the person in charge. To cut the long story, this year turned out to be a miracle year. A lot of locals who applied to Caboolture/were sent to Caboolture pulled out. This opened door for me. So on Friday 26 of August, a lady from Caboolture called and told me that i was first in their list of international applicants, and offered me a job. Wow.. I was overjoyed and speechless. Was the voice real? Was it God speaking? I don't know. I don't want to speculate.

To me, Caboolture is an ideal place to work because 1) it's a small hospital and there is a good community-like spirit in there, 2) it's still relatively near to Sunshine Coast where my old church is and 3) it's close to glasshouse moutains, where i can be close to nature and pursue my interest in trail-running! So i am really excited to start work next year!

Today Anke and I took to a drive to Beerburrum/glasshouse mountain area to have a look at the place and find accommodation. True enough, the place is quiet and peaceful. Lots of greens, trees, farms, trails and mountains everywhere. Older people or people who are retiring predominate in this area. My heart beat faster the more i saw the place, the feelings are very much like a fish returning to water or a bird to the sky. Just by looking at this beautiful creation of God is enough to bring peace to my heart. :)

One thing for sure, I definitely won't run out of places to run. :D

My prayer is that this place would allow me to draw closer to Jesus, and that i can be an useful member of the community! 

Beerburrum




Beerburrum town
Map. Glasshouse and Beerburrum are where i am intending to stay next year.
Mt Tibrogargan
Anke coming out of IGA

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Did you have to do an interview to get an internship position in caboolture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Did you have to do an interview to get an internship position in caboolture?

    ReplyDelete