Sunday, November 25, 2012

Week summary (19-25 Nov)


This week, i have done some trail running, mountain running (ok, more hiking than running), and road running. Each activity allows me to work on a particular area of my running, thereby strengthening it. Trail running allows me to learn to deal with the technical aspect of running, avoiding rocks, negotiating with sharp bends and balancing myself on extremely uneven and rocky surface. Mountain running (hiking) builds the leg strength in general as the entire musculature of the lower limbs are being worked during ascent and descent. In the long run, it actually improves one's running economy, allowing a person to use up less oxygen for the same energy expenditure of the legs. And last but not least, road running allows me to work on speed and high intensity stamina. Running in trail for too long, you will gradually lose your speed and the ability to maintain top speed for a long time. It's good to throw it some road running every now and to train you to be fast. So that's what i have been doing this week! It's really fun to add variety into one's training, something which i did not do much this year.

Ahh. Why did i end up talking about training again? I don't mean to do this. I have been intentionally keeping myself from running or talking about running too much in this period as I have other priorities at the moment. But oh well. Since i am posting my week summary log, might as well just share about what i have done in the week.

I am really excited to going to Blue Mountains, Sydney with Raymun next weekend. A massive project coming up in Dec 2014. Stay tuned! :D

Total distance: 55.8km
Total time: 4hours36mins
Total elevation: 1132m 
Average speed: 4.95 min/km


No comments:

Post a Comment