Monday, November 5, 2012

Exciting plans ahead


I just returned from a run in the forest and the mountain. What was special about today's run was i have no idea where i was heading; i was simply taking a step at a time and let the trail guide me. In my mind, i was meditating on a few things - God's amazing love, His wonderful creation, and some exciting plans ahead. The thing about such an 'aimless' run is that it allows the heart to be free and easy. It also brought a clarity in my thinking that i have never had before. Oh God, Thank You for this beautiful day. :)

I have been busy with wedding preparation the past two weeks. Guest list, accommodation, wedding day events, worship service, gate-crashing ceremony, holy matrimony, videography and photography, are amongst the many things that kept me occupied. Basically I have two principles when it comes to wedding. First, keep it as simple and as down to earth as possible. What is most important is having friends who truly matter to you to be there to witness and bless the marriage. Better to toast with friends and relatives who sincerely wish the best for you, than to face a crowd of faces who don't know you for a bar of soap, and are there only because of obligation. Besides, the quality of a marriage has no correlation whatsoever with the magnitude or the extravagance of the wedding day ceremony anyway.

Second, make it as special for your bride as possible. If a lady is willing to entrust her life into your hands, then she deserves the most memorable wedding ever. The thing about making something special is not always necessarily about spending money (although money does play a big part!). It means paying meticulous attention to small details, adding surprise when she least expects it, and doing everything with our heart. :) In this regard, i am still learning everyday.

Something is bothering me lately..

It hurts me that you are not making effort to be there on my big day. Maybe i have misunderstood you or i am expecting too much. I was thinking: If it's one of my best friends' wedding, i will try my best to be there no matter what. But you don't really seem to care. You just continue your life as if nothing has happened. Maybe we have lost the affection and respect for each other that we once had.. or maybe it's busyness at work that caused us to drift apart.. We just don't seem to share similar passion or dreams anymore.. Whatever it is, i am glad at least we have had some beautiful past memories that i can return to, and i do secretly hope that one day, we can do the things that we love again. :)

Finally, one of my best friends - Raymun, and i will be heading to Blue Mountains, Sydney from 30 Nov - 4 Dec to camp and run in the mountain. I am really excited about being able to spend quality time with someone who is very dear to me, who shares the same passion and interest. During this time, we will be spending time planning a massive project that is coming up in 2014. I am not going to reveal what it is yet, but it's the biggest yet in our lives, wilder and crazier than what we can imagine. I am extremely psyched about this! Will write about this project after we have come up with a draft. Stay tuned!


29 Oct - 4 Nov 2012

Total distance: 47.2km
Total elevation: 891m
Total time: 4 hours 1 min
Average speed: 5.10 min/km



Blue Mountains
Trans-Titiwangsa expedition (2008). Raymun (centre), Rachel (bottom right) - I never knew she would be my future wife :D
6-day hike across the 'spine' of Malaysia. Raymun (front)
Wilderness as far as the eyes could see

No comments:

Post a Comment