Monday, July 2, 2012

Time to hit the trail


My run in KL marathon (where i did 21km) has finally concluded my road race for the year. Now it's time to hit the trail!

Trail running is different from road running. It's more technical, uses different groups of muscles (due to the uneven surfaces and undulating terrain), more dirty, more fun and gives you a greater sense of joy as it allows you to interact with the nature in an honest and simple way! However, for the same amount of distance, trail running is usually slower than road running. Even if you are running on flat trail, you just won't run as fast as you would in a road. Don't ask me why.

So far my running has been plagued with injury after injury. I must admit that despite thinking that i know a lot about running, i actually don't understand some essential parts of it as i always end up hurting myself, either because i am overly greedy and run more than i should, or not paying attention to some of the warning signs that precede an injury.

I am more mature in my running now. (I hope!). I am going to apply all i know to prevent myself from getting injured. I have signed up for Flinders Tour 50km at the end of July in preparation for TMBT 100km in Sept. Some of the best local runners are running this race so i am excited about seeing how i would stack myself against them.

Dear God, i know You love me. You know what's best for me. I am going to surrender all to You. Most importantly Lord, please help me to love you and the people around more. Help me to worship you with all that I am. Help me to experience Your love through running. In You I commit my soul. In Jesus' name, amen. :)

The trail
Nice scenery along the way
Sunny day!

My new New Balance MT110 (a great pair of trail shoes indeed!)
Same shoe in different colour
Asics Piranha (this will be my next pair of road shoes)






No comments:

Post a Comment