Friday, February 3, 2012

New house, new environment and a new chapter in life

It has been awfully long time since i can sit down and write and actually have the internet connection to do so. Of late i have been busy settling in a new environment, starting a new job, meeting new people, moving house, blah blah blah..  One of the most exciting things is that i managed to find a place to live in for the rest of the year!

It's quite funny how I ended up in where i am living now, and i think God was secretly arranging for this to happen. :) I happened to drop by Glasshouse mountain on a Sunday afternoon on my way back from church. I wasn't expecting to find any room available, but i saw that the real estate office was open (which real estate office is open on a Sunday afternoon?). So i walked in and spoke to the boss. After some time of talking about the area, he asked if i knew what a donga was. I said no. He explained to me that it's one of those huge makeshift metallic shack/cabin that you find in constructive sites. And he has got a donga in his farm. It's fully furnished, it has got a bedroom, a shower, and a lounge/kitchen. He then brought me to see his place, and the rest became history!

Now i am living in a donga in my landlord's farm. It's situated in the heart of Glasshouse Mountain, and I have access to all kinds of trails and mountains everywhere. What a joy! The only problem in this place is poor phone and internet connection. I need to sort this out soon so i can remain in contact with the rest of the world.

My landlord and his family are really nice people. On Thursday we just celebrated his 56th birthday. I brought my guitar along to play the birthday song. They said this is the first time they actually have real music in their birthday celebration. Haha..

I am going to start running soon! These few weeks of adjustment and settling in have robbed me of my time to run and spend time with God's creation. Everyday when i reach home, it's already becoming dark. Besides, my legs are sort of still not in the right shape yet. It hurts when i run longer than 5km. Never mind. Just take it slowly. I am going to start building up my mileage again for this running season!

Thank God for everything. :) 


My landlord's house



The shed next to my donga

My donga, where i am living! (left)
My landlord's farm (Mt Tibrogargan in the distance)
The cattle thought i was going to feed them. :D
A huge lawn outside my landlord's house. Great place for frisbee!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! The house and the location is perfect if peace is what you aim for. Living in a farm makes you feel the nature easily, so I think it's perfect for you. There's something about the green house and the cattle here; they're so relaxing to look at. You're lucky to have experienced living this house. Did you extend your stay?

    Calvin Mordarski @City Block Team

    ReplyDelete