Sunday, February 12, 2012

Mt Ngungun hike

My out-of-shape legs don't permit me to run at the moment. I can't run longer than 5km without flaring up my ilio-tibial band (ITB). So i decided to hike up Mt Ngungun today. This not only allows the leg muscles, esp the extensors, to toughen up, i also get to enjoy the beautiful view at the peak of the mountain. 

It was an easy hike. When i reached the peak, i sat down next a rock to catch the breath-taking view of glasshouse suburb. It was an amazing feeling. Slowly my mind got drifted away. I thought about many things. Amongst them was how far i have strayed away from God. These few weeks of working have so sapped my time, attention and energy that all i think about is how to be better in what i do, how to save more, how to evade paying tax, and a host of other things/choices which working adults have to face.

Oh God, my faith is weak now. I really need You to tell me that You are real. And to give me the strength and desire to run after You.

I must have sat there for a long time. When the sun was setting, i knew it was time to head down. Good bye for now. 


The ascent
The trail

Mt Coonawrin and Mt Beerwah at a distance

Amazing view
Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment